BAISAKHI SAHA was born in Kolkata. She grew up in different states of India, each with a distinct culture, custom, costume, creed, colour, cuisine and courtesy, so it felt as if she was always in a new country. Her childhood was, thus, a preparation for what was to come in adulthood. She is multilingual and can speak six languages.
A globetrotter, the author has traversed continents on various foreign internships—learning the language of life and love. From being a computing graduate to a marketing executive to a German interpreter, English teacher, Spanish translator to now a writer, speaker, and performer, mysterious coincidences have led her from one place to another, contriving her to live her destiny, to leave a legacy. Visit baisakhisaha.com.
Have you ever experienced real magic? Have you ever been cornered into a life-threatening situation with no conceivable possibility of getting out, only to magically escape the next instant just so you can experience yourself as invincible, indomitable, unsinkable, unstoppable? Have you ever received direct guidance from the Universe, so precise and in such layman’s terms that it takes your own breath away?
Life Is Abracadabra –21 magical stories from my travels to make you look at life with new eyes, upcoming book by author Baisakhi Saha is an experiential documentation of how to transcend the ordinary into extraordinary outcomes in alignment with our desires.
Below are some endorsements about the book by renowned luminaries and world visionaries. Read more here.
“Baisakhi is surely living a remarkable life! The stories recounted here are a clear example of Synchronicity at work in the world…”— James Redfield, #1 NY Times and #1 international bestselling author of The Celestine Prophecy and The Celestine Vision
“Baisakhi Saha shows us that there are miracles in our midst and magical memories available to us right where we live and they are unfolding every day.”— Jim Stovall, Emmy Award winner, bestselling author of The Ultimate Gift, The Ultimate Life, and The Lamp made into major motion pictures
“Life Is Abracadabra tells fascinating tales of an Indian girl who had the courage to pursue her dreams.”— Óscar Arias, two-time former president of Costa Rica and Nobel Peace Prize laureate
“Travel is always the best way to encounter the ‘kindness of strangers’ and Baisakhi certainly discovers the truth in that proverb, every time she gets herself in even bigger trouble, a kindly stranger inevitably turns up.”— Tony Wheeler, founder of Lonely Planet, the renowned travel guides
“Ready to believe in magic again? A young girl who followed her heart and discovered gold on her destiny path helps you believe in magic and miracles. An inspiring book!”— Joe Vitale, bestselling author of The Attractor Factor and Zero Limits, and Star of The Secret
“Baisakhi Saha brings tangible meaning to magic. Because of her multicultural experience, she shapes fate with personal agency to create destiny.”— Dr Mario Martínez, Founder of Biocognitive Science and bestselling author of The MindBody Code and The MindBody Self
“True tales of hope and faith, Life Is Abracadabra, with its soulful wisdom will prove to you that magic is available to anyone who trusts their dreams. I highly recommend this book!”— Anita Moorjani, NY Times bestselling author of Dying to Be Me
“Filled with wonderful anecdotes of magic and synchronicity, Life Is Abracadabra will captivate your mind, heart and soul.”— Marci Shimoff, #1 NY Times best-selling author of Happy for No Reason, Love for No Reason, and Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul
“Life Is Abracadabra gives a fresh perspective on what is possible if you believe in your dreams, and that everyone has the potential for greatness.”— T. Harv Eker, #1 NY Times bestselling author of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind
“Baisakhi reminds us all of the power of everyday—and extraordinary—magic. What an inspiring book!”— Thom Hartmann, host of #1 progressive Radio Talk Show in America And award-winning, NY Times bestselling author of The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight
“I found Baisakhi’s stories enchanting. Her life is a great example of what I wrote about in Conscious Luck. She followed her passions and intuition, and good luck followed her.”— Gay Hendricks, NY Times best-selling author of The Big Leap and Conscious Luck
“A compilation of magical stories that will delight your senses and expand your perceptions.”— Joan Borysenko, scientist, psychologist and NY Times best-selling author of A Woman’s Journey to God and Minding the Body, Mending the Mind
“Where imagination and magic coincide, Life Is Abracadabra is sure to enthrall readers with its insightful and glorious tales.”— Ervin László, two-time nominated Nobel laureate, international peace advocate, scientist, and author of Science and the Akashic Field, The Self-Actualizing Cosmos, and The Immortal Mind
“I think people are afraid to dream because they don’t want to be disappointed,” she told the Belgian guy…
What if there was a way to co-create our dreams with the universe? And what if the universe responded to us in a tangible way? Can you imagine that? This book narrates the magical adventures and marvellous encounters of the author, an ordinary Indian girl who believes in extraordinary possibilities, as she traverses the globe to fulfil her destiny. She provides true anecdotes of hope and faith, of meaningful coincidences and miracles that will make you perceive life from an altogether new dimension.
At the tender age of seventeen, the author left her home to pursue higher studies abroad. Since then, she has dwelled in different continents, studying life through myriad mirrors of reality. From Asia to Europe to Africa to South America to North & Central America, she has lived with local families—eating their food, adopting their lifestyles, contributing to their economy, inhabiting their culture, imitating their costumes, negotiating extreme realities and belief systems, and navigating diverse traditions and religions for several years to answer life’s most pertinent questions. Coming from a conservative family in India, she had to overcome all limitations to fly! I have been disappointed over and over again; hence, I ain’t afraid to dream, she mused to herself.
Life Is Abracadabra is about listening to the subtle nudges of our hearts and following our calling. It is about noticing the signs and synchronicities strewn on our paths and acting on them. Because when we do, life will be on our side too.
“Magic only happens to those who can make it real in their imaginations.”— Baisakhi Saha, award-winning international speaker and Author of life is abracadabra
Title: Life Is Abracadabra
Subtitle: 21 magical stories from my travels to make you look at life with new eyes
Genre: Self-Help/Memoir/Travel/Adventure Narrative/Spirituality
Author: Baisakhi Saha
Publisher: Hay House
Page count: 292
Size: 5.5″ x 8.5″
Publication date: mid-2022
Available formats: Paperback
Sales territory: Indian subcontinent
Where to buy: Bookstores, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.
Introduction: Baisakhi Saha is an award-winning international speaker, author, performer, teacher, and globetrotter. She has not just traveled, but lived in different continents across Asia, Europe, Africa, South America, North and Central America for several years on various student exchange programs. Also a global TEDx and WEF speaker, she travels internationally delivering evolutionary talks aimed at advancing human consciousness, and dance performances.
About the Book: In Life Is Abracadabra, Saha shows that when we require or desire something at a given moment then voilà it is delivered by the Universe with exact precision, just what we needed, without conceivable possibility of it so happening through logical reasoning or planning. That is real magic. It talks about developing authentic confidence and awareness, cultivating a deep trust in life despite the dice thrown at us. There are 21 magical stories in this book written exactly as they occurred in her life, chronologically and geographically.
- Where did you get the idea for this book?
- Did your inspiration for writing it originate in your real life experiences?
- Your book name is intriguing. What is the significance behind this title?
- Are there any specific authors whose writing styles or subject matter inspired your book?
- Your book is about magical travel stories. How can people connect with or benefit from it?
- What are your top tips for those who want to travel but are afraid to go the distance?
- What would you say to those who think they don’t have the money to travel?
- How does your work impact the lives of people in general?
- Do you have another project in the works? If so, what is it?
- Where can people find more about you and your work?
- Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
Life Is Abracadabra is somewhat comparable to Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen; however, instead of a collection of stories from different people across the world, this is a collection of magical stories from one person who went across the world in her early adulthood. While her book shares some of the elements of the classic journeys explored in books like The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield or The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, it is also an experiential documentation of how to transcend the ordinary into out-of-ordinary outcomes in alignment with our desires. Below are other competition/related titles:
- Eat Pray Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the World by Rita Golden Gelman
- What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding: A Memoir by Kristin Newman
- Ten Years a Nomad: A Traveler’s Journey Home by Matt Kepnes
A compilation of true and symbolic anecdotes of hope and faith, of meaningful coincidences and miracles, this book will make readers of all ages look at life with new eyes.
Also by this Author
For more inspirational and evolutionary talks, please visit the magicNine TV channel.
Women Economic Forum
For more details about the Women Economic Forum, please visit the WEF official website.
For a list of upcoming and past events, please visit her Facebook Events diary.
- Story featured in the books You Know the Glory, Not the Story and Engineering to Ikigai, October 2021, India, International: Read here
- The Welum Women Abroad Podcast, 17 February 2021, Mexico City: Listen in Spanish on Spotify, Youtube, Breaker, Google Podcast, Welum
- Radio 90.4 SOA exclusive interview, 13 January 2019, Odisha India: Listen here
- Speech coverage “Parallel & past lives” at Lion’s club on Doordarshan TV, 23 & 24 August 2017, India: Watch here
- Author Interview, books, dance and a chat on All India Radio – Akashvani, 16 August 2017, India: Listen here
- Reportage “Kolkata girl bridges Bengal-Costa Rica gap” on Times of India, 13 February 2017, India: Read here
- Book, calendar, dance on Canal America TV, “La Hora del Swing” LIVE, 7-8 September 2016, New York USA: Watch here
- Author interview and magicNine on Radio 94-7, Cadena Radial Costarricense LIVE, 11 May 2016, Costa Rica: Listen here
- Dance reportage, abunDance on Teletica Canal 7, Más que noticias (+QN), 3 November 2014, Costa Rica: Watch here
Awards & Scholarships
- Exceptional Women of Excellence Award: awarded for speaking at the Women Economic Forum (WEF), April 2021, Peru.
- St. Gallen Symposium Award: won an all-expense-paid trip to Europe to dialogue with world leaders at the University of St. Gallen, May 2006, Switzerland.
- SIA-NOL Scholarship: awarded 100% scholarship with allowance to pursue undergrad studies at the National University of Singapore (NUS), 2002–2006 Singapore.
- SIA Youth Scholarship: awarded 100% scholarship with allowance to pursue pre-university education at the Victoria Junior College (VJC), 2000–2002, Singapore.
- Most Promising Child Contest: selected to compete at an all-India level contest for children held in Bangalore and received Scroll of Honor, 1995, India.